It was a rare experience. I made a decision to fly home for merely 30 hours, in purpose to experience my 1st life time General Election voting. Being a registered voter for many years, its a shame (actually somewhat only) for not able to carry out my duty for the past years. This time round, I have been eyeing for a reasonable air ticket on the day they announced GE13 date. Price was not attractive on the evening of first day, I then tried on the second day and succeeded in securing the price I afford (*hihi).
Overall, what's great about it?
- An excuse to be home, visiting my family
- Flying on the air plane with just hand luggage - I love this! No checkin queue havoc, walk straight into the gate with a printed web check in slip on hand
- 1st time inexperience voter - nay! I was not too excited but rather anxious worry if I could have miss some steps around the polling station
- 1st time in the Malaysian history - we have inked process (unfortunately ink was not so permanent as it claimed to be), rumors around there were phantom voters; obviously not in my area, many many other issues lying around every corners of this political heat
- I was glad that I choose to stay with my current voting location, situation was rather calm. Brighter side - safe; Another side - not many ready for change
- Managed to catch up with some primary school mates! 2 returned home with family, all the way from Singapore, bravo!
- I drove a manual 4WD, hihi! Glad that I still know how to drive a manual geared car, and its an aged 3.2l Trooper ok! :)
|My 1st pic after touched down|
|Sky was very blue, and it was extremely HOT!|
|Campaign still with wooden plywood - old fashioned|
Managed to find some time to dine out with family and friends.
|Family Dinner @ Pulau Labuan|
|Lunch with friends @ The Grill Tiara Hotel|
|Best of all - No check in luggage!|
|My Q @ Saluran 3|
|Chinese Class room?|
|Spotted an oil&gas worker in front of me - Safety!|
|Done with inked - looks like manicure|