References this recipe - http://gracekitchencorner.blogspot.com/2010/04/wholemeal-tortilla.html, with its simple ingredients.
150g bread flour, 50gn whole wheat flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp yeast, 1/8 tsp baking powder, 110g water and 10g olive oil.
1. Knead all ingredient except olive oil, it was rather tiring and I was then about to dump the ingredient into the bread maker. But I did not.
2. Add olive oil when flour gets consistent, and continue to knead till it smooth.
3. Proof for 60min at cool dry place
4. Divide the dough into 5 portion and roll them into round balls, rest for 10min
5. Preheat frying pan, and place the round disc dough into pan, make sure its not overcooked as it will harden the tortilla.
Here are those I made. Went quite well with rendang beef and lettuce. Simply love the simplicity of an afternoon meal.
|Cut dough into smaller portion|
|After rolling into disc|
|Get ready with fresh lettuce and tomato|
|Wrap with beef rendang and mayonnaise|
Will surely improve on this next time round.