I got this idea of Pumpkin Kaya from a neighborhood cafe lately. Interesting enough, I browsed for some other recipe published online. Read them through, compare the best described, imagine the taste, and finally tested them with half of a pumpkin.
- Cut pumpkin into cubes, bring them to steam for about 20min
- Leave them off to room temperature
- Blend them with a blender or food processor
- Bring the blended pumpkin to a bowl, keep them double boiled (in heated pan with water)
- Stir in brown sugar to taste base on own liking; pumpkin itself is sweet
- Add 4-5 leaves of pandan for fragrance
- Add coconut milk to own liking; 100ml for 300g pumpkin as example
- Keep stirring in the bowl for about 15-20min
|Cubed pumpkin to steam|
|After blend, added sugar and pandan leaves|
|Store and serve|
I personally like this so much, as it's eggless! Plus, it does not need to keep stirring in the pot for hours. This is such easy to make, and most importantly healthy too. Next in my experiment list will be sweet potato kaya! :)
Till then. Try this if you feel like it. Many of my hometown and neighborhood were excited with this recipe when I published the picture in my FB! Hope they would have tried making them, as well as to like it too.