Purple has now turned blue... purple is joy, yet blue is hope!

掌握一生的幸福。。。

Monday, August 20, 2012

Singapore, Jul 15 - 18 2012

Month of July wasn't easy, in can be exciting either way. I have been rushing a few spots, piled at work, study cum training, and lastly a stressful dive trip.

Nevertheless, I made it through! Am glad time had passed. This trip to Singapore was rather lonely, oh no.. I should say I didn't engage anyone except a couple. Hence, my day was rather filled with training and work.

Capturing here, will be all foods I managed to rip over this trip. I was rather adventurous this time , though I have been dining alone most of the time, except the first day.

An upgraded economy class seat on MH

Food hunt started right after touched down. Met up with a couple which we earlier intended to grab dim sum for tea. We tried East Ocean restaurant at Shaw but later noticed they had shifted to Ngee Ann plaza. Alright, by the time we reached there, it was then closed between 3-6pm something like that. We then headed to PAUL instead. A French tea place, I was rather excited since I don't really have the chance to dine French in KL. I had coffee with Macaroon set, plus fruit pies to share, as well as a savoury to share. It was good!

Coffee & macaroon set
Fruits Pie
Takashimaya was our next stop, and ta-da... what's this?
Biker's helmet in pink
Our plan wasn't fix. As we were planning to dine at a Japanese restaurant , we ended up stumbled into a ramen shop at Raffles City Mall - Menya Mushashi (food blog here), it seems famous for its black ramen, but none of us went for that. Soup base was alright, noodle was nice, somewhat better than KL's ramen. With that we ended the met up, and I had to get ready for my 3 days headache with study.

Menya Mushashi @ Raffles City Mall

Menya Mushashi Ramen
Upon checking in to Grand Hyatt Singapore, I was disappointed this time round, as I was given the back building, without the usual split rooms I used to have on the front building. I wasn't comfortable on the 1st nite though. Slowly adjust to the room on day 2 onwards.
Chilling
The room

My lunch during training was rather simple, every meals in the nearby food court. My course mates were very friendly, mostly Singaporean and one Arabian.

My breakfast was rather plain most of the time, as I don't really like dining alone for buffet. So, I rather hit to nearest McD for breakie, or grab some buns on the way to the training center. There was once I sat myself in a cafe nearby my training place. Had a bagel and coffee. This coffee shop named Black, decorated with many old-timer sofas, especially those seen in the 1970s or 80s - interesting.
Sofas
Bagel with coffee
1st dinner - Tony Roma's which supposed to dine with a traveling colleague, I ended up alone. Baby pork ribs was tasty, the portion went just nice for me. Yummmy!

Dinner @ Tony Romas

Baby Pork "ribs" - before & after
2nd dinner - Ippudo ramen @ Mandrin Gallery. This was superb too! Soup and noodle was so tasty, topped with an egg too. No wonder it's one of the famous ramen in town.

Ippudo @ Mandrin Gallery
Ippudo's classy interior
The Ippudo Ramen

3rd dinner - alright, heading home and grabbed some salad at a Sport's baron Changi Airport.

Simple salad
There goes my nice meals. Oh no! I'm hungry now! Till the next time... Singapore, I have yet visit Marina Sand Bay and Universal Studio!

No comments: