Purple has now turned blue... purple is joy, yet blue is hope!

掌握一生的幸福。。。

Thursday, July 7, 2011

The original soap

Not too sure when it started, probably when I first bought a bar soap last year over at a family bazaar. I knew soap can be handmade, but I have never venture into trying this kind of art work. Probably it will soon gets into my to-do list.

Considering the fact that today's commercial body bath's harsh ingredient, so much so its use of plastic containers which create extra and additional waste into the earth these days. I personally find that they are waste. Getting a step back to the mother nature, they are still a lot of resources available, which we could reuse, recycle.

It started with the below handmade soap I bought previously in a bazaar, this is made of wheat & rice. Our granny used to soak their hands and wash their faces with rice water, indeed it has proven to be a natural source for nourishing our body and skin.



Later, I found this organic or rather it claims to be environmental friendly (by its company name) Lemongrass soap in an Organic shop back in Ipoh. I like lemongrass, and I was excited seeing such kind of soap made and selling, though I believe it could have been produced in very small scale.

According to some writing, Lemongrass a.k.a. Citronella is good as insect or mosquito repellent. That reminds me, I need to replenish my Lemongrass extract too.



Very soon, I will hit the google page often for soap making tips. As a start, I found this page seems to be pretty interesting, http://www.naturalpuresoap.com/how-to-make-soap/. Let's see how long will it take for me to produce one. :)


No comments: