Purple has now turned blue... purple is joy, yet blue is hope!

掌握一生的幸福。。。

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

DIY - Steam Hazelnut Prune Muffin

Alright, this should be the last blog of the day. Happy Labor day!!

I didn't step out from the house at all today, imagine that. It had been super hot and humid these days, that was the main reason for not getting out from home. I have been indulging myself in food preparation, baking as well as blogging (as you could notice now)!

Had this recipe from a local Chinese newspaper recently. I craved for pitted prune these days, there goes my idea of baking some kind of cake or bread. I then decided on a steamed muffin cake instead, to reduce or avoid heatiness.

Recipe from the newspaper
I made some adjustment to this recipe.

Ingredient A:- 3 eggs, 200g fine sugar (reduced to 60g), 1/2 tsp salt
Ingredient B:- 160g chopped pitted prune, 160ml water (replaced with diluted prune enzyme juice)
Ingredient C:- 180g melted butter
Ingredient D:- 250g self raising flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda
Ingredient E:- 150g grained/chopped peanut (replaced with hazelnut)

Steps:-

  1. Mix Ingredient A in a bowl, add Ingredient B to mix
  2. Add Ingredient C into the mixer, mix together Ingredient D, mix well with the mixer
  3. Fold Ingredient E into the batter
  4. Scoop batter into muffin cup
  5. Steam for 25minutes
  6. Serve
Here's what I experimented today. Smells well, taste alright, but I noticed it was significantly not sweet enough. I didn't quite like nuts, hence was not very keen with the hazelnuts smell. Hope it could turn up well to my friends. Sorry if it does not taste good, as you are my Guinea-pigs!! ^^

Hazelnut prune steamed muffin

The inner view
Happy trying!

No comments: