Purple has now turned blue... purple is joy, yet blue is hope!

掌握一生的幸福。。。

Sunday, April 24, 2011

DIY - Tomato Rice

Showing off my simple meal tonight. I was supposed to try out a Chinese vegetable mixed rice, but didn't have the right vegetable ready nor its recipe. Therefore, I remembered Nasi Tomato (Tomato Rice) instead.

Tried out the recipe from here - http://www.malaysiabest.net/2006/08/22/resipi-nasi-tomato/, with part of the ingredient were missing, and I made it my own way from there.

Intentionally left out the Ghee & Santan (coconut milk), missed out one of the spices too - the cinnamon stick.

Let's see what I had prepared below.... Shallot, Garlic, Onion, Ginger and baby tomatoes. Spices left with star anise, cardamon and ketumbar.





Steps:
  1. Washed rice in a bowl, drained.
  2. Heated up olive oil in a pan, fried ingredients prepared above.
  3. Mixed them up with the rice.
  4. Added Prego tomato mix, mixed for a while.
  5. Transferred the mixture into rice cooker, added water & raisins to cook.
  6. Added a tied pandan leaves for flavoring.
Finally, here's the end product.... nice & yummy in fact.



Simple & easy meal!

No comments: