Purple has now turned blue... purple is joy, yet blue is hope!

掌握一生的幸福。。。

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Food Surprises - Organic Vege Fresh Mart & Restaurant, SS15 Subang Jaya

Many may not appreciate vege food, or even turn into vegan. I wouldn't mind to eat healthy from time to time, but vegan? Still questionable. I don't like creating inconvenience to others, hence I usually dine with anyone else, be it a vegan or meat maniac.

This was my second attempt to try out the food here, after many recommendations from vegan and organic vege lover friends. My first attempt was disastrous. It's all due to a common problem found within F&B industry in Klang Valley - service attitude! We should not discriminate foreign workers, we know that well. But in my personal opinion, food should be served with passion and service attitude in particular within this industry has to be good. Partner and I waited for more than 30min for our food, then found out the waiter missed out our order. The shop is not huge, but how could any of the 2-3 waiters and waitress could missed us, whom had been impatiently waiting? Ignorance may be the word.  Oh well, we adjourned after paying the bill for a cup of tea served, that was close to 9pm on a Thursday evening. Called it a day without dinner...

This time round, I made the visit on my own after my facial. Obviously is to avoid 2nd disappointment. I finally had the chance to try out their organic vegan recipe. Intended to order their petai fried rice, but it was out of stock. Since it was late in the afternoon, might as well had a light one - dried noodle (炸醬麵). I managed to grab its taste and recipe from the dish, very simple noodle mixed with canned grained mushroom, served with vege and fried beancurd.  I liked the sambal chilli, believe its not made of the normal seafood sambal belacan, but substituted with ginger instead. Tasted good.

Classic setup
炸醬麵
After 'Lo' effect
Ginger Chilli sambal
Besides serving food, they sell quite a huge range of organic products, includes fresh bread and vegetables. Their vege are stored in a small ice-boxed room, you will need to walk into that ice-boxed store room in order to grab your choice of vege.. its very cool....


Location :
Organic Vegetarian Fresh Mart and Restaurant
17 & 19, Jalan SS18/1B, Subang Jaya
Tel : 03-56362468
Business Hour : 9am-9pm (mon-sat), 9am-3pm (sun)

No comments: