I'm sure some of you could have seen this type of CNY crackers before, probably for the past 1-2 years. Apparently, this is something which is extremely-easy-to-make! Some could have sell this one bottle for almost RM16! Imagine that, if you calculate the ingredient carefully.... the cost of this bottle of crackers will be barely RM3... good business huh... you can obviously try this at home.
Note : This is just a trial version of the product. It was produced with only 3 slices of popiah skin and 1 slice of large seaweed. Anyway, it tastes good... can't stop eating after 1-2 pieces....
Frozen Popiah (Spring roll) Skin - 1 pkt/50 pieces cost ~RM4
Seaweed - 1pkt/10pieces cost ~RM4
Egg - 1 cost ~RM0.50
what else.... little pepper and corn flour...
- 1) Beat an egg into a bowl, add some pepper to taste and little corn flour (optional)
- 2) Take a slice of popiah, surface it with the beaten egg above (preferably with a baking brush)
- 3) Stick on a slice of seaweed on it
- 4) Use a scissor to cut them into thinner and long pieces. Dependable on which size you would prefer.
- 5) Fry them into a frying pan, just like frying dried crackers
- 6) Serve when cold and store.