Purple has now turned blue... purple is joy, yet blue is hope!

掌握一生的幸福。。。

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Lunch @ Top Hat Restaurant, KL

I don't normally blog on company lunch on event. But it seems this particular restaurant is a little unique in a way of its setup (how I wish I have my DSLR camera with me). They use to operate 5 blocks away from its current location. It was at a bungalow unit along Jalan Kia Peng, KL (somewhere near KLCC). I have been to their old restaurant once for company dinner event, but it was not a fine dining but rather a buffet-styled outdoor dinner. It was almost 6-7 years ago! Time really flies, I still remember the nite - it was heavy traffic jam along Jalan Kia Peng and the KLCC ring, most importantly there was a heavy downpour that evening.... the ground was muddy.... enough of nostalgia remembering the past.

Back to the current restaurant, where its newly located. Understand from my colleagues that this setup is much more spacious than the previous one. At least it does not look "old" compared to the previous one.

For more information, please visit their official website - http://www.top-hat-restaurants.com

Quick introduction of the restaurant setup, it is sort of in between a casual and fine dining type.. typically with some cushions chair, round tables, coffee tables... and have the mixture of fusion feel. Fusion between local nyonya and western style.... some setup was pretty unique.



In terms of food, the Top Hat is certainly their appertizer servings. We had plate of 6 top hats shared between 2 person. Mind you, there were almost 20 of us in a long table.


What did I had for my lunch.... thank god I only had a light Smoked Salmon Salad as below. Even that, I felt sooooo full after having another slice of Pear + Ginger cake dessert.

Overall, it was a nice casual lunch meal... very fulfilling as well... Can't imagine if I had taken a heavy main meal, i.e. grilled lamb or so... I heard they have very nice Tiramisu, unfortunately or should say fortunately, they have coffee liquor added to their recipe. Because of certain policy implied, we can't have that slice of cake! :(

No comments: