Purple has now turned blue... purple is joy, yet blue is hope!

掌握一生的幸福。。。

Friday, August 7, 2009

DIY - Home made Onde-Onde

I feel paralyzed.... it had been more than a month, without internet access at home. I can't browse internet with my little Joybook while lying myself at the couch, can't move around the house with my little netbook... I would have to stay still at my study desk, because it is the best spot to detect my neighbour's wireless... sigh.... what a boring life.

Some dated blog hanging around at my netbook lately. I don't have much to write, in fact... I felt no excitement in life... poor me.

Anyway, here is something I could share. I made Onde-Onde for a home gathering event.

Here's the recipe from Amy Beh, I had added on potato mash into the dough... It made the Onde-Onde ball more Q.

Without further explain, I prefer to show you the pictures taken for each steps and process.


Little coloring and favoring with fresh Pandan juice


Chopped gula melaka


Mashed potatoes


Mixed dough


Little balls


Into the boiling water


Grained coconut with pinch of salt


The end product !

A friend was asking for the actual recipe I used. Here you go, its from Patsie Cheong's Malaysian Delicacies recipe book.

Ingredients:
Skin
300g sweet potato paste
100g glutinous rice flour
80g tapioca flour
50g sugar
28ml water
green colouring

Filling
150g gula melaka (chopped)
50g sugar

Coating (Steam for 5min)
1 young shredded coconut, pinch of salt

Method
  1. 1) Mix skin ingredient and knead into a smooth dough.
  2. 2) Divide into small balls and wrap in filling
  3. 3) Place balls into boiling water to boil until float up, remove and coat with shredded coconut
Cooking Tips
  • - Onde onde will be elastic if glutinous rice flour and potato paste are added.


No comments: