Pretty simple dish, but require few couple of steps to complete... not as easy as using Brahim or so paste.
Fresh prawn, tumeric powder (kunyit), assam, chilli, onion, belacan
Preparations are as below:
- 1) Devein 10 prawns - leave tails. Rub assam 3/4 tablespoon on prawn for a while
- (add tumeric powder or kunyit)
- 2) Take out assam, add some water to get assam juice
- 3) Pound chilli (fresh red) with onions and a bit belacan
- 4) Oil in kuali, fry chilli and onion tillfragrant. Add prawns & big onion. Stir fry.
- 5) Add sugar & salt to taste, add assam water. Cover kuali for a while till cooked.