Guess this should be the most 'fresh-from-the-oven' blog I ever had. As usual, on a Sunday afternoon I seldom cook lunch, as my breakfast had normally substituted my lunch, my lunch will be substituted by tea-time...
This time round, since my sis is with me this weekend, she said she has been craving for Pisang Goreng (local style fried banana) since she could not find such local dessert in Singapore. Those who knows where to get such in Singapore, do let her know!
I won't say this is a success try of mine, as I usually hate deep frying stuffs.... guess why? haha.. some could have understand me - I hate the splashing oil onto my hand.. Not that I have silky skin, sigh....
Mom has given some verbal instructions and recipe somewhat, but it wasn't as what I expect...
1) Place flour in a bowl, add a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar, plus a little rice flour (for crispiness)
2) Mix flour and others with water, stir well
3) Make sure dough is not too watery... check out the drip
4) Add little vegetable oil to the dough
5) Place peeled banana into the dough
6) Fry them in the wok
Here are the pictures, taken by the Pisang Goreng lover.
1) Use the right banana for Pisang Goreng.... this was too ripe and small
2) Wok should have more oil and heated up evenly, to get golden brown effect and not too oily skin