Purple has now turned blue... purple is joy, yet blue is hope!

掌握一生的幸福。。。

Saturday, September 5, 2009

DIY - My soup ramen + BBQ pork (char-siu)

Hehe... here goes my instant cooking lesson again. Anyway, it was just a quick try on the BBQ pork (Char Siu) making, since I have lots of pork left in my fridge lately. Over last weekend, I checked out the internet for recipe and confirm on the marinating ingredient.

Bumped into this site - http://rasamalaysia.com/bbq-pork-recipe-char-siu/, quite like the site. Seems like the writer is a Malaysia staying overseas. Anyway, I picked up some of the ingredient, unfortunately I did not have them all... it was just a try anyway.. I susbstituded maltose (麦芽糖) with honey only, left out the Chinese rose wine (玫瑰露酒), substituted Hoisin (seafood, 海鲜) sauce with Oyster sauce (haha!)... does not sounds right yeah! Anyway, I added an instand flavour... which is Lee Kum Kee's Char Siu sauce!!!

Char Siu (Char Siew) Sauce:

1 1/2 tablespoons maltose (麦芽糖)
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1 1/2 tablespoons hoisin sauce (海鲜sauce)
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon Chinese rose wine (玫瑰露酒)
3 dashes white pepper powder
3 drops red coloring (optional)
1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil

Marinate the pork butt pieces with 2/3 of the char siu sauce and the chopped garlic, I then placed them into the freezer and kept for the following week.

It's time to roast the pork... and final product looks as below...






How's the taste? Well... lesson learned are...
1) Choose the right pork, belly is the best. Mine was not very right, but somewhat the tasted was OK.
2) Don't place too much of the five-spice powder, probably I personally does not like it.
3) Get the ingredient complete

Anyway, my char siu still blend the well in my bowl of ramen (Japanese noodle). How to prepare such meal in just a few minutes?

Very simple, have the ready made ramen bought fresh from the market. Boil the water of soup, then make use of instant Miso soup paste. Most importantly, get yourself ready with dried seaweed. Place them all down in and have the soup cooked!!

Tada! My bowl of ramen + Char Siu below. It was my yummy dinner.


No comments: