Purple has now turned blue... purple is joy, yet blue is hope!

掌握一生的幸福。。。

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Gardening World - Fringe Flower / Purple Magesty (鸿运当头)



This has been a Chinese New Year (CNY) plant, very famous lately, local Chinese named it 鸿运当头 (good luck fortune) . Frankly speaking, it looks new to me, never ever notice it the last CNY, probably that was not my occasion of mood to shop for plants and flowers to decorate my house, that is just not an occasion for me!

Back to the plant, I was brought to notice a huge bonsai plant of this at a friend's house recently. Never noticed I have some at home too... the leaves are purplish, and its flowers are tiny pinkish. Perfectly matches me... ahem!

And so, I did some study and searched for its scientific name, its called Loropetalum chinense. It origins from southern China and Japan. No wonder it has an autumn look! Just love to be in Japan, with the cooling weather walking around the parks. The plant is evergreen shrub, up to 6 feet tall (1.8 m), 5 feet wide (1.5 m) or more; alternate oval leaves, oval, 1 to 2 inches long (2.5-5 cm) and about 1 inch wide (2.5 cm).

For more information, you could find it here and here.

No comments: