FRI DEC 19 -SUN DEC 21 It was indeed difficult to organize such huge group, outdoor with overnight stay. And such... we made it ! and successfully made it for the first time ever ! Families were happy, kids enjoyed themselves very much, we all blended well for the 3D2N trip.
Of course, many hard work and pre-preparation work was required. Thanks to those taking the lead with strong co-operations given. Else, this will not be a success.
Several general guide before organizing such trip, and turn it to be an enjoyable one.
- 1) Adjust ourselves to "holiday" mood - understanding among each families, stay happy and calm!
- 2) Pre-trip meetings - iron out tasks, discuss necessary items-to-bring, document to-do / to-bring items
- 3) Communications - emails, sms, phone calls to stay on with latest updates
- 4) Good cook to help out in the kitchen, at least 4-5 person !
- 5) Kids able to mix around
- 1) Hotel booking. 1 nite meal booking/catering
- 2) Discussion & Planning : Things to-bring - who & what, incl. Potluck dish for nite on Day 1
- 3) Essential item-to-bring : own plates, fork & spoon in case Lodge does not provide enough, some pots/kettle, own 3-in-1 beverages,
- 4) Foods to bring : can drinks, wines, snacks, sponge cakes, rice, loaf of bread, ingredient for dishes that can prepare from the kitchen - soy sauce, salt, cooking oil, wet/dry mee, flour for Tong Yun (汤圆), pandan leaves, ginger, tofu, yong taofu (vege stuffed fish meat), meat balls, pau, tray of eggs, cans of tuna, charcoal, BBQ stick, aluminium foil, taugeh (bean sproud), Siu yok (roasted pork), etc....
9:00 - Depart from Klang Valley
11:00 - Arrived Gopeng. Lunch at J.J. Huat Restaurant
12:30 - Head up to Cameron Highlands, via Simpang Pulai
14:30 - Arrived at Jurina Hill Lodge, Tanah Rata : unpack, short tea break
15:15 - Head off to Bee Farm on the way to Ringlet
16:00 - On the way back, stopped by at Cameron Valley Tea House
17:30 - Head to Healty Strawberry Farm, next Rumah Persekutuan
18:00 - Back to Jurina, prepare for dinner with potluck dishes brought by each families
20:00 - After dinner, head to pasar malam @ Brinchang
- Comments for Day 1
- - Bee farm was not impressive.
- - Cameron Valley Tea House scenery was nice.
- - Strawberry farm disappointed some kids where no self-puck strawberry available. * Probably was due to school holiday and the fruits were on high demand
- - Dinner was convenient where potluck dishes available, only rice needs to be cooked and dishes need reheat.
- - It was raining the night. Kids stayed behind at home playing games/cards. Only adult went over to pasar Malam.
- - At pasar malam, what to get ?... veges for day 2 dinner, sweet corns, honey (got better deal from the owner of earlier bee farm), Home made ice-cream (a MUST! specially Strawberry + Mango flavour only rm1.50/scoop, alcholic ice-cream was available too)
8:00 - Breakfast at Lodge : Bread + sambal (left over dish), steamed pau, fried rice, tuna/egg sandwiches, porridge, sponge cake
9:30 - Head off to Sg Palas BOH Plantation : Enjoy scenery, education tour, relaxing tea at tea house
11:30 - Drop by Kea Farm Market + Strawberry Farm
13:30 - Back to Jurina, Free & Easy time for dinner. Some stayed in Lodge with light lunch/tea. Some head out to Tanah Rata mainroad for mamak shop, Tea Cafe, BKT, Starbucks (hehe)
16:00 - 1 car head out to Strawberry Park junction, shop for cactus & Strawberry iced-stick. Others... relax......
18:00 - Getting ready for dinner : BBQ fire, salad, fried taugeh, aluminium wrapped corn & sweet potatoes. Food caterred we had : Curry Chicken, spring roll, big pot of rice, tofu, vege brocolli, a pot of tea.
20:00 - Nite went with games organized
- Comments for Day 2
- - BOH Plantation was relaxing, but some might be waiting for each other.
- - Kea Farm's Strawberry farm was disappointing with no self-pluck strawberry too
- - More relaxing...
- - Dinner was great except down pour causing difficult access between kitchen & BBQ area
- - Games were great, kids enjoyed much
- - Late night preparation of Tong Yun, celebrating the exact day of end-of-winter (冬至) festival
8:00 - Breakfast at Lodge : Bread + sambal (left over dish), left over rice / mee with left over curry chicken, sandwiches, sponge cakes, Tong Yun.
9:00 - Hang around nearby Lodge, some went for morning breeze walk
10:00 - Prepar for checkout, group photos
11:00 - Drove out from Tanah Rata towards Ringlet and Tapah old road
12:00 - Stopped by Lata Iskandar Waterfall
13:00 - Continued journey to Tapah
14:30 - Arrived Tapah for lunch (unplanned destination, found a Chinese restaurant with convenient park for 6 cars)
15:00 - Head off to Sungkai, Sg Klah Hot Spring
16:30 - Arrived at Hot Spring
18:00 - Head off back home to Shah Alam
- Comments for Day 3
- - Road down to Tapah was winding and not suitable for MPV.
- - Good to have break at waterfall area
- - Lunch was great although there was no pre-planning for food ordering before hand.
- - All first timer to Sg Klah, missed junction turning after Tapah toll
- - Kids enjoyed Hot Spring's mountain water cool pool.
--- THE END ----