Purple has now turned blue... purple is joy, yet blue is hope!

掌握一生的幸福。。。

Saturday, October 3, 2009

DIY - Blueberry Cheese Tarts

Well baked on the 29th Sept 2009, it was a Tuesday afternoon, after work... If you were to ask if I bake this alone, well... politically I would say "ermmm... not really". Those who know me will know what I meant. I then distributed the tarts in the office well on the next morning, one of my colleagues wanted the recipe as her kids used to buy these tarts from the bakery for RM3.20!! Well, I told her this does not even cost RM1 per piece.

So, here's the recipe to share. It has been amended from Alex Goh's ingredient measurement, because my friends and I are not the 'sweet' type of person, our taste bud are not sweetened at all... left behind, I may saw I am not a 'sweet young thing', hehe...

To start with, here're some pictures to share.







Then here comes the recipe. Referencing the original recipe from Alex Goh.

PASTRY
Ingredients:

160g butter
50g icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
a pinch of salt
1 egg
250g flour
( approximate 12-15 tart base)

Method:

1. Beat butter and castor sugar till well combined. Add in egg, vanilla and salt.
2. Add in flour and mix till soft dough is formed.
3. Keep in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
4. Press into the tart shells moulds and prick some holes onto the pastry.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown in a preheated oven at 180 C

FILLING
Ingredients:

250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
50g castor sugar
20g butter
1 egg

Method:

1. Cream the above ingredients. Place in the piping bag(optional).
2. Pipe the filling onto the tart shells.
3. Place a bit of blueberry pie filling on top and using a toothpick, make a pattern on top.
4. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes, using the bottom heat only.


Enjoying baking, if you happen to try this. :-)

No comments: