Purple has now turned blue... purple is joy, yet blue is hope!

掌握一生的幸福。。。

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

DIY - Pumpkin Sago dessert

I had been such into online cooking recipe lately, probably due to influence of some friends who like to bake. Nah, I don't like baking as I hate the mess created by the flour. Thus, after browsing some online recipe, I would think I like to prepare desserts instead.

Remembered I was introduced to this sago dessert some time ago, can't remember when. Since I have stored a slice of organic pumpkin in my fridge, why don't I try it out. One of the CNY vegetable - pumpkin, in Mandrin is called 金瓜 (jin-kua). One must know, Chinese would like auspicious word and prosperous symbolic during CNY. Having it said to be a golden bean, believe it should be an auspicious dessert for the occasion then.

This post is extremely hot-from-the-oven. As I just made them a while ago.

What I have here is the simple version of Pumpkin Sago. They are couple others online which could have more ingredient compared to mine.

Ingredients : Pumpkin, pandan leave, brown sugar, sago and milk.

  1. 1. Boil sago in a pot, till it all turns transparent
  2. 2. Rinse the little sago and place them into a bowl of cold water, wait
  3. 3. Boil another pot of water, with a leave of pandan.
  4. 4. Cut pumpkin into cubes, once water boiled, place them into the pot and simmer
  5. 5. Simmer and cook pumpkin till it turn soft, as much soft as you wish
  6. 6. Add brown sugar or rock sugar, depends on your liking
  7. 7. Once pumpkin cooked, add in sago.
  8. 8. Chill the bowl of Pumpkin Sago, it is nice to serve chilled from the fridge.
  9. 9. Add some fresh milk before serving.






It tastes not bad though... yummy!

1 comment:

Madeline said...

Thanks for sharing! I recently tried a similar dessert at dim sum.