Remembered I was introduced to this sago dessert some time ago, can't remember when. Since I have stored a slice of organic pumpkin in my fridge, why don't I try it out. One of the CNY vegetable - pumpkin, in Mandrin is called 金瓜 (jin-kua). One must know, Chinese would like auspicious word and prosperous symbolic during CNY. Having it said to be a golden bean, believe it should be an auspicious dessert for the occasion then.
This post is extremely hot-from-the-oven. As I just made them a while ago.
What I have here is the simple version of Pumpkin Sago. They are couple others online which could have more ingredient compared to mine.
Ingredients : Pumpkin, pandan leave, brown sugar, sago and milk.
- 1. Boil sago in a pot, till it all turns transparent
- 2. Rinse the little sago and place them into a bowl of cold water, wait
- 3. Boil another pot of water, with a leave of pandan.
- 4. Cut pumpkin into cubes, once water boiled, place them into the pot and simmer
- 5. Simmer and cook pumpkin till it turn soft, as much soft as you wish
- 6. Add brown sugar or rock sugar, depends on your liking
- 7. Once pumpkin cooked, add in sago.
- 8. Chill the bowl of Pumpkin Sago, it is nice to serve chilled from the fridge.
- 9. Add some fresh milk before serving.
It tastes not bad though... yummy!