Purple has now turned blue... purple is joy, yet blue is hope!

掌握一生的幸福。。。

Monday, May 21, 2012

DIY - Steamed Pumpkin Cake

Just love the slice of steamed pumpkin cake from B'liv cafe, each time I visited this place. This stimulate my urge to try out the recipe, and believe this should be easy to make. I folded some recipe online, both English and Chinese but I would not sure which exactly I referred to (coz I have been using multiple devices to browse whenever I am free).

Believe some very close-to recipe are those below :-
http://www.yummylittlecooks.com/2011/08/steam-pumpkin-cake.html (English)
http://www.xinshipu.com/金瓜糕-92310 (Chinese)

My version was something like below :-
(A) 375g rice flour (粘米粉), 1 tbsp corn flour (粟粉), pinch of salt, 1 tsp sugar, 750ml water
(B) Pumpkin cut cube, dried shrimp, shiitake mushroom, shallot, pepper
  1. Mix and get ready ingredient A in a bowl
  2. Stir fry ingredient B (Chinese styled) till fragrant
  3. Mix ingredient A into B
  4. Transfer the mixed ingredient into 9" pan
  5. Bring to steam for 45-50minutes
  6. Best serve with fried shallots & spring onion; alternately cake will taste good the following day when you bring it to heat/fry on the wok

Here's my first trial of pumpkin steam cake :) Happy trying.

Pumpkin steamed cake, before reheat/fry

No comments: