Purple has now turned blue... purple is joy, yet blue is hope!

掌握一生的幸福。。。

Saturday, October 29, 2011

DIY - Mix Grain Bread with Noxxa BreadMaker

Bake a bread, yes! It was my first attempt to try baking a bread out with a bread maker machine. I seriously lazy to squeeze dough out from the start. Thus, bread maker has been always my dream machine in the kitchen, but I had never think of making that investment as I am in doubt I will fully utilize it. Glad to know, I have had taken over an under utilized bread maker, I would think it has been almost 5-6 years old, at least. Nevertheless, I let it utilize again, prevent waste!

A friend told me, he has never seen a front loaded bread maker... here you go with the picture! Noxxa, an obsolete model (I believe) bread maker, by Amway.



Alright, all started with the ingredient preparations. Besides bread flour, I had choose to mix them with this Alpine Grain pre-mix flour with Sunflower seeds and other flakes and seeds.


The portion made by :-
  • 800g Bread flour
  • 200g Apline Grain mix
  • 275ml water
  • 2 1/2 tbs dried yeast
  • 2 ts vegetable oil
  • 2 tbs sugar
  • 1 ts table salt
  • little scoop of butter to the site

  1. Mixed flour & dry ingredients in a bowl
  2. Add water into the bread maker steel bowl
  3. Add vegetable oil
  4. Pour flour mix into the bread maker steel bowl, float on top the water
  5. Place dried yeast into the top middle of flour mix, stay away from water or butter
  6. Place scoop of butter at 4 sites of the steel bowl
  7. Press to bake! (follow manufacturer instructions)
My bread up tall in the machine after 3 hours.




A friend asked why the top crust was cracked... as you can see, that is the disadvantage of a front loaded bake maker. If the bread happened to stay taller than it should, it will not be able to come out nicely from the machine. I practically have to push them down with a bread knife before I was able to bring them out from the oven.

Anyway, it was great to have a home made bread. I was satisfied with the result, but was not satisfied with the bread texture. It was just heavier than it should, and a bit too moist (at my taste). I was glad that friends most tasted it well and good. Most importantly - healthy!

No comments: